Friday, October 9, 2009

TGIF @ The Falls

Today's Happy Hour with the usual suspects took me to TGIF at The Falls in SoFla. I was a little skeptical about my chances to find mojitos in the bar menu, but I was pleasantly surprised that they did. I can not say for sure that the Ultimate Mojito is available nationwide or if it is just available locally.



I tried their Ultimate Mojito, just your standard straight forward mojito. It was my impression that the bartending staff uses either sprite or 7up instead of simple syrup. It is my opinion that this makes the drink sweeter than usual. Also they do not take the time to muddle the mint and did not have enough lime.
Overall after I added a little more lemon the Ultimate Mojito was ok for the $4 happy hour price. I will not pay full price for it.
After that I tried their Blackberry Mojito. This mojito version was actually a nice refreshing drink, but not deserving of being called a mojito. It lacked the mint and lime kick, and it was not appealing to look at. My recommendation keep the drink call it something else.





-- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Lemon in a Mojito? Don't you mean Lime? And do you think a splash of sprite is sweeter than simple syrup? Check your numbers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lima -Limon, you bring up something very interesting, that I never thought of before, and you are right it is lime, and I will fix my postings.

    Unfortunately for me it a matter of "cultural semantics". You see where I come from what in the US is know as a Lemon or in Spanish Limon, is rarely seen, and I am referring to the yellow citrus. What we grow up calling a Limon or in English a Lemon is what is in the US is known as a Lime, and the Key Lime for us it's a Limon Criollo (Creole Lemon), we very rarely use the term Lima (Lime).
    With regards to the Sprite vs simple syrup, I find the Sprite sweeter than the right mix of simple syrup and a splash of soda. It's a matter of preference and taste. Overall the Ultimate Mojito at TGIF is a great drink for the $4 price

    Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Followers