Monday, November 2, 2009

Ortanique on the mile

Is it possible that my quest for the best mojito in SoFla has suddenly come to an end? The answer is yes, it is possible. After a wonderful outing on Saturday night I can say that thus far the best mojito in SoFla can be found at Ortanique on the Mile.

What is interesting is that Ortanique is one of my favorite restaurants in Miami, however I have always been more interested in finding a great wine to pair their wonderful food. Even when attending private events at Ortanique's I don't recall ever having a mojito.
The Ortanique Mojito is just perfect, the perfect amount of rum, the perfectly sweet, and yet perfectly sour, just perfect.

While engaged in fabulous conversation with chef owner Cindy Hutson, I found out that the mojito I tried was not even made by the Mojito Master, Joel Garcia. Now I have an excuse to go back and try Joel's mojitos. While at the restaurant I received a text from a friend that was very eager to suggest that I try a mojito atlantico, yet another excuse to go back.

The message is that even though Ortanique on the Mile has the best mojito in SoFla that does not mean the end of this blog. I have several excuses to go back, excuses to try other places to see how they compare, and I will make it my mission to convince them to create a Passion fruit mojito. You would have to agree that it will be so convenient to drive to the Gables for my passion fruit mojito fix than flying 1500 miles to SJ; I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers