Sunday, August 23, 2009

Raices Old San Juan


I recently returned from another trip to PR, as usual one of my stops was at Raices in Old San Juan and once again I was not disappointed. During my trip I was with some friends from FL, meeting some friends that were traveling from TX, and some of my high school friends. My goal was to introduce them to Raices fabulous Mojito Enamorao (passion fruit mojito), by far the best passion fruit mojito in PR and in the US. I particularly enjoy my mojito in a cacharrita (tin can), which goes against all bar-tending rules but it really adds to the ambiance of " puerto rican countryside" (campo) that Raices exudes. Its hard to stay on your seat when the waitresses and waiters come around with their panderos and sing to the rhythm of plena, which also add a little bit of "cultural spice" to the place.

The food excellent as usual, we ordered the Festival Tipico as appetizer since our mission this time was mainly to concentrate on the mojitos. However, I can recommend the Tornado, Chuletas Khan Khan (pork chops) and the mofongo, and the plantain soup. In reading some of the postings in Trip Advisor someone commented that chuletas khan khan where fried. Seriously, that's what chuletas are all about. I suggest that when looking at the menu and deciding what to eat, ask the waiters and waitresses for ideas.

I was very happy to learn that they are expanding their location, this will help with the long wait. I had the opportunity to have a private tour of the expansion and believe me it going to be awesome. I can wait to be back and introduce more friends to Raices Mojito Enamorao and the great food, service and ambiance the place has to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers